Hyderabad 30th Dec 2021:Optimus Pharma was granted permission for Restricted Use under Emergency Situation from CDSCO for its COVID-19 pill MOLNUPIRAVIR on December 28, 2021. We had received DCGI nod for conducting Phase III Clinical Trial for orally administered Molnupiravir capsules on patients with Mild Covid-19. Given the surge of Covid-19 pandemic with rapidly growing number of with SARS-Cov-2 infection, it is imperative that more oral drugs with potent antiviral activity could be introduced. With this, Optimus pharma has internally developed the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) and the formulation in Capsule form and had obtained approval by completing a Phase 3 Clinical Trial in India.
Optimus Chairman and Managing Director Dr. D. Srinivasa Reddy said, Optimus is ready to gear up manufacturing of Molnupiravir in India. The Clinical Trial on 1218 patients has shown promising results of Molnupiravir. The drug is proven in successfully reducing viral load effectively with RT-PCR negativity on Day 5 was 71% patients in treatment group as compared to 51.6% in SoC group, 97.3% in treatment group and 84% in SoC group on Day 10, and nearly all the patients recovered by Day 14 and 28 of the treatment duration. The trial has also revealed promising symptomatic improvement in the patient’s health.
MOLNUPIRAVIR CAPSULES PRISE 10 Capsules 630 Rs.
The results indicate that the addition of Molnupiravir to SoC results in:
· Significantly greater clinical improvement in reduction in score on WHO ordinal scale
· Greater reduction of viral load as indicated by significant increase in CT values of RT- PCR tests
· Higher proportion of patients achieving RT-PCR negativity on days 5 and 10
· The number of adverse events reported in the subjects who received Molnupiravir + SoC were significantly lesser as compared with SoC and all the adverse events reported resolved completely
· No mortality was observed during the study.